Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is one of the commonest infection females get due to structure of their Urinary tract.
Signs and symptoms of UTI:
- Hazy or cloudy urine
- Offensive urine
- Frequent urge for urination
- Blood in urine
- Pain, discomfort or burning while passing urine in groin, pelvis or in the bladder
- Lower abdominal and pelvic pain
- Fever with or without chills
- Fatique or malaise
- Decreased flow of urine
- Painful intercourse or vaginal irritation
Tips to avoid UTI:
1.Keep the area dry and clean:
- Wash your genitals and keep it dry after passing urine.
- Pass urine every time after having sexual intercourse and wash the area with soap and water or clean with intimate wash/wipes.
2. Drink enough water
3. While using public toilets:
- Use Indian toilet after flushing once
- Use toilet seat sanitizer for Western toilets.
- Use Stand and pee options
4. Avoid using hands free jet spray which is attached to the commode
- Hands free jet spray which is attached to the commode can push the bacteria around anus to urinary tract which can increase the chances of UTI
5. Eat well, exercise and be mentally healthy, so that your immunity is good and you do not get infected easily.
Stay Healthy! Stay Happy!