According to the American Counselling Association, counselling is defined as, “a professional relationship that empowers diverse individuals, families, and groups to accomplish mental health, wellness, education and career goals.” Counselling can help people make needed changes in the way they think, feel and behave. Counselling is also a goal-based process where the counsellor supports and develops strategies with a non-judgemental mindset.
In simple terms, it is taking professional help when you are facing any issues related to your mental health, relationships, handling your emotions, achieving your goals, etc.
At Akruti, we offer counselling for:
- Mental health issues like Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Bipolar Disorder, Trauma, Eating Disorder, etc.
- Different types of addictions including screen and internet addiction.
- Emotion management issues like Anger Management, Oversensitivity, Grief, Shock, Stress Management.
- Relationship issues like Marital issues, Parenting, Professional relation issues, adjustment issues etc.
- Communication related issues
- Issues related to Gender identity and sexual orientation
- Goal based counselling – Life Coaching
- Career Counselling